Top NewsPaul Bachorz Memorial Photo Contest Winners
- First Place - Marge Thurber
- Second Place - Michael Glaiel
- Third Place - Dan Zee
Update: Since upgrading to Facebook's new group system, the MOV group has started to take off. We now have over 100 members sharing photos, videos and ride reports. Come join us!
See past entries in Old News.
Upcoming EventsJune 5th - Baley-Hazen Ride
GPS files are now available from the Rides page.
Rider can start from the South, at the Irving gas station across from Friendly's on Rt 2 west of I-91 exit in Greenfield, MA (map), or North, from the old Junction 101 Restaurant, Rts 101 and 100 in Troy, VT (map).
Riders will set out around 9 AM in small groups. The club has several sites reserved at Silver Lake State Park for Saturday night and will have free food for all club members.
The club breakfast will be nearby at Tozier's restarurant on Sunday morning (see below). Riders will continue the route after breakfast, beginning around 10 am.
Please let Muriel know if you plan to attend, and from which end (north or south) you intend to start.
The club will reserve lean-to and tent sites for all attendees. The club trailer will be present at a central lean-to site setup for meals and social stuff.
Camping at Carmi means tent and lean-to campsites that will accommodate the following:
- Lean-to campsites with enough floor space for 4 to 6 bags (10 ft X 13 ft). Tents may be placed outside the lean-to. Max of 8 bodies per site. First come first served.
- The club has prepaid the first 4 bodies per site. An additional cost of $5 per person for numbers 5 to 8.
- Additional campsites and lean-tos are available.
- Check in time is 2pm (must arrive by 9pm) and checkout by 11am. Quiet time is observed from 10pm to 7am. More information can be found www.vtstateparks.com or by calling 888-409-7579.
- Each site has a fireplace (firewood available$) and picnic table. No electric or hookups. Water, bathrooms, hot showers ($) are available. There are swimming beaches. The campground has no "camp store" or food on site.
The best part about this is the MOV will be providing food and coffee free to members. Nonmembers fee is $20 and a membership to BMWMOV. This includes Friday dinner, Saturday breakfast and dinner, Sunday breakfast. Your other meals and drinks are your responsibility. The menu will be Mexican and South Western inspired food with vegetarian options. You won't go hungry! Bob LaDuc will be doing the cooking, so expect some treats!
Directions: From Enosburg Falls drive 3 miles west on Route 105, turn north (right) on route 236 for 3 miles. Park entrance is on the left. Lake Carmi State Park; 460 Marsh Farm Rd; Enosburg Falls, VT 05450. Phone 802-933-8383
View Larger Map
Please email Bob LaDuc if you intend to participate or to help with food planning!!!!!!!
For the Notch hop, meet at Shaw's parking lot in Bristol (map) for a 10 am departure. You can ride your own ride or group up with whoever else is there. This is a self-directed ride. You can ride the Brandon Gap on Rt 73 (map), Middlebury Gap on Rt 125 (map), Lincoln Gap Road (map) (partly dirt), and/or the Appalachian Gap on Rt 17 (map). Catch a couple gap roads before the BBQ and another one or two later.
Subscribe to our calendar in iCal or RSS.